Police search for man who held FL Chick-fil-A at gunpoint

first_imgPolice are  investigating an armed robbery at a Sarasota Chick Fil A.The incident occurred Friday evening around 10 p.m., according to police.The man reportedly entered the restaurant with a semi-automatic silver/chrome pistol and held employees at gunpoint while demanding money.No employees or customers were hurt.He is described as a white man in his late 20’s early 30’s, 6 feet tall with a slim built, slight facial hair, wearing a dark colored jacket, dark colored pants, black cap with the Superman logo on the front.No other information is available this time.last_img

Miami Dolphins release running back Mark Walton after domestic violence arrest

first_imgThe Miami Dolphins announced on Tuesday morning that they’ve released running back Mark Walton due to a “police matter.”We have waived running back Mark Walton. pic.twitter.com/vXhON24Z4I— Miami Dolphins (@MiamiDolphins) November 19, 2019Walton was arrested around 4 a.m. on Tuesday after police say he punched his pregnant girlfriend several times in the head.Additionally, he is accused of attacking his girlfriend after she disclosed the 5-week pregnancy.She told police Walton pushed her against the wall and punched her several times, leaving her with a swollen eye.Walton is charged with aggravated battery of a pregnant person.The former Miami Hurricanes running back had already been suspended four games by the NFL for three previous arrests that occurred before he signed with the Dolphins in the off-season.The 22-year old violated the NFL conduct and substance abuse policy and was arrested three times in the offseason and released by the Cincinnati Bengals.The Dolphins signed him in May and initially thought Walton would be back after he served his suspension.But they immediately released him after hearing of his most recent “police matter.”No other information is available at this time.last_img read more

VIDEO: Thieves steal 14 weapons from Bass Pro Shops store in PSL

first_imgAccording to thePort St. Lucie Police Department the group of crooks fled in the U-Haul truck but were eventually caught after a speed chase.Police were able to arrest 7 people, 3 of which were minors. Officials identified the suspects as: Damon Maurice Foster, 24, Jean Oudorff Monfort, 20, Julydod Monfort, 18, and Anthony Tanilus, 18. A 17, 16, and 13-year-old remained unnamed because of their age.Officials say all the suspects are facing charges of grand theft of a firearm, burglary, damaged property/criminal mischief, and resisting an officer without violence.Police are still searching for one more accomplice.If you have any information that can help authorities, call Detective N. Penney at 772-344-4062, or Treasure Coast Crime Stoppers at 1-800-273-TIPS. (Port St. Lucie Police Department/Courtesy) Caught on video!A gang of thieves were captured on surveillance video stealing weapons from a Bass Pro Shops store in Port St. Lucie.Police say a U-Haul box truck was used to smash through the front doors of the shop on Thursday morning at around 12:15 a.m. Then, the robbers took a dozen rifles and two hard rubber training handguns.SURVEILLANCE VIDEO:last_img read more

Man fleeing manslaughter charges arrested in Broward

first_imgInvestigators in Connecticut are reporting that a suspect facing manslaughter charges in the death of his ex-girlfriend has been apprehended in Broward County.49-year-old John Shepard was arrested over the weekend after the story of his disappearance aired on Eye Witness News  and prompted multiple people to call in with tips.Authorities say in 2013 Shepard had been drinking and caused a rollover crash while off-roading.His girlfriend Leah Coleman, was injured in the crash and later died from her injuries.Shepard then left the state before the police could issue a warrant.last_img

Harvey Weinstein Sentenced Today

first_img “He’s not doing well,” Juda Engelmayer told ABC News on Tuesday evening. “He’s looking at the rest of his life and feeling dejected and despondent.”Engelmayer said that numerous friends of Weinstein offered to write letters to the judge attesting to his character, but that every single person insisted on writing an anonymous letter to protect their own reputations.“It shows you that even people who want to support you publicly would be vilified for doing so,” Engelmayer said.Engelmayer declined to comment on a series of previously unpublished internal correspondences released on Monday between Weinstein and his colleagues and defense and public relations teams in the days following bombshell revelations about Weinstein’s past that first surfaced in The New York Times and The New Yorker in the fall of 2017.The documents were unsealed this week at the request of numerous media outlets, including the New York Daily News and The New York Times.“I have lost my family,” Weinstein wrote in one draft statement dated Dec. 21, 2017, according to the New York Daily News. “I have daughters that will not talk to me. I have lost my wife. I have lost the respect of my ex-wife and generally almost all of my friends. I have no company. I’m alone. And I will be honest with you: I’m suicidal.” In addition, Weinstein’s spokesperson Juda Engelmayer says Weinstein is having a hard time being locked up after living a good life. Harvey Weinstein ‘despondent’ as he faces sentencing in New York. https://t.co/QDDxf6QEiY— ABC News (@ABC) March 11, 2020 The day has come. Queues around the block for Weinstein’s sentencing. pic.twitter.com/vgE6scOVfu— Molly Crane-Newman (@molcranenewman) March 11, 2020center_img (New York, NY) — Harvey Weinstein will be sentenced today after being found guilty of first-degree criminal sexual act and third-degree rape.The disgraced movie mogul is facing nearly three decades behind bars, while his attorneys have requested a five-year prison sentence, citing his age, medical issues, charitable giving and lack of criminal history. Watch live here:last_img read more

Apple Closing All Stores Outside of China for Two Weeks

first_imgHe also said the company is donating $15 million to help with worldwide recovery.In a separate online statement, Cook said that Apple’s stores in China have all now reopened, and what the company has learned there has helped it develop “best practices that are assisting enormously in our global response.” Apple CEO Tim Cook said Saturday the company’s retail operation outside of China is going online-only for two weeks as part of efforts to fight the coronavirus pandemic.Cook tweeted Saturday that “Apple will be temporarily closing all stores outside of Greater China until March 27.”In our workplaces and communities, we must do all we can to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Apple will be temporarily closing all stores outside of Greater China until March 27 and committing $15M to help with worldwide recovery. https://t.co/ArdMA43cFJ— Tim Cook (@tim_cook) March 14, 2020last_img read more

About 40 PBSO Deputies Quarantined for Possible Exposure to COVID-19

first_imgAbout 40 Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office deputies are being quarantined after their possible exposure to the novel coronavirus, spokeswoman Teri Barbera told WPTV NewsChannel 5 on Friday morning.The deputies are in self-quarantine at their homes after coming into contact with someone who had symptoms of the coronavirus, Barbera said.No other information was immediately available.Three deputies have already tested positive for COVID-19.Barbera previously said two of the deputies were in quarantine at their homes, while a third was in a hospital in critical condition.She said one deputy worked at the Palm Beach County Main Detention Center on Gun Club Road near West Palm Beach, and another worked about 40 miles away at the west county jail.last_img

Universal Orlando theme parks to reopen on June 5

first_imgUniversal Orlando Resort theme parks announced they will officially reopen to the public on June 5.The parks were forced to close for months due to the COVID-19 pandemic.The official reopening would start June 1 with employees reporting to test the park’s new rules due to the coronavirus. Following that, select guests would be allowed in with the public opening on June 5.According to Universal’s website, all staff members and guests will be required to wear face coverings, will get their temperature checked upon arrival, and will be asked follow social distancing guidelines.We’re getting ready to re-open!Universal Studios Florida, Islands of Adventure and Volcano Bay will welcome guests beginning 6/5. Everyone must follow UOR and CDC guidelines: https://t.co/5IA1TCnsfX pic.twitter.com/2pnrg2Lxkr— Universal Orlando Resort (@UniversalORL) May 22, 2020last_img read more

Public beaches in Palm Beach to close this Labor Day Weekend

first_imgOfficials for the Town of Palm Beach are planning to close all public beaches for Labor Day Weekend to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.The announcement was made Monday on the Town’s website:“Considering the fact that Labor Day weekend traditionally attracts very large crowds of beachgoers, the decision to close the beaches was made to avoid ‘ super spreader’ events,” the statement said.The closures will begin on Friday and run through the Tuesday after Labor Day.Palm Beach has seen a 7.1% increase in Covid since last week according to numbers provided by the Florida Department of Health.last_img

Local Theaters Await Return of Full Moviegoing Experience in Phase 2

first_imgWith Labor Day Weekend in full effect, and county beaches reopening open, residents and business owners are actually looking forward to the week ahead, for once.That’s because Palm Beach County will enter the first step of phase 2 of Gov. Ron DeSantis’ reopening plan this Tuesday.Last week, commissioners approved a plan that would potentially see businesses continue to resume operations gradually, over a period of months.Under the first part, which takes effect, retail stores and gyms will be among those who will be able to return to full capacity for the first time since the pandemic started.One would assume that’s good news for movie theaters, which have remained shuttered since March, as production and releases were halted, postponed, or cancelled outright in some cases.Some film companies compensated for the closures by rushing their new releases to other viewing methods, such as Video On Demand.“Without having (the summer blockbuster season) it obviously has an impact on (our) bottom line,” Paul Safran, president and CEO of iPic Theaters, recently told our news partner, WPTV NewsChannel 5.Courtesy: Facebook/iPic TheatersHis company has 14 locations, two of which are located in Delray Beach and Boca Raton.Still, he believes theaters such as his will remain as popular as ever under the circumstances, as movies with six-figure production budgets rely on their theater releases to turn a profit, or to break even at least.Indeed, many theater goers have lamented the fact that they couldn’t enjoy the full experience for much of the year.Now, with theaters in our county set to slowly begin welcoming movie buffs again the coming days and weeks, there comes a big test to Safran’s prediction.During the pandemic, many other new lifestyle and business habits have emerged, some of which could become permanent.With that in mind, it remains to be seen whether the crowds will return in big enough numbers to sustain theaters moving forward, or whether they will send theaters to history in preference for the new ways of watching movies.last_img read more