Kingsholme home and a half sells for $815,000

first_imgOne of the modern bathrooms.The agent said Kingsholme was a tightly held suburb, with properties rarely coming up for sale.“Properties are pretty much passed down through families and they don’t come on very often.”She said it was a hard to price the suburb because it was varying in block size and architecture.Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 10:02Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -10:02 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD432p432p270p270p180p180pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenJune, 2018: Liz Tilley talks prestige property10:02 Inside the kitchen of the completed home.Ms Frinke said the sellers had built before, but unfortunately had been unable to complete the home after falling ill.She said the new owners were a family who would finish building the property, and had already moved into the existing home. The property at 62-76 Stage Coach Drive, Kingsholme sold for $815,000.A KINGSHOLME property with one and a half homes has been sold for $815,000.center_img Outside the completed home at 62-76 Stage Coach Drive.LJ Hooker Ormeau sales consultant Deb Frinke said they had received “hundreds” of enquiries about the 62-76 Stage Coach Drive property, which had one completed and one half-built home on it.“(The vendors) were living in one house, and building another home and got as far as putting the roof on,” Ms Frinke said.More from newsDigital inspection tool proves a property boon for REA website3 Apr 2020The Camira homestead where kids roamed free28 May 2019“A lot of the stuff that was required to finish the home is on site and everybody who inspected it agreed it was a very good floorplan.”last_img read more

Men’s Hockey: Wisconsin travels to East Lansing to take on Michigan State over weekend

first_imgThe University of Wisconsin men’s hockey team (7-8-1, 2-5-1 Big Ten) will travel to East Lansing to take on the Michigan State Spartans (6-7-1, 4-3-1) in a weekend series that spans Friday and Saturday night.After winning just one of their last five games, this is a crucial road trip if the Badgers want to stay inside the top 20.As of right now, they’re ranked No. 19 in the country but are the only ranked team without a winning record. Against an unranked Spartan squad, they’ll likely need to sweep the series if they want to hold their spot.Men’s Hockey: Inconsistencies continue to plague Wisconsin against MinnesotaThe No. 19 University of Wisconsin men’s hockey team (6-7-1, 1-4-1-1 Big Ten) struggled immensely against the University of Minnesota Read…Michigan State is led by senior goalkeeper John Lethemon, whose 94% save rate is the best in the Big Ten and fourth-best in the country.Lethemon gives the Spartans a big boost when they’re down a man on the power play, and has helped them obtain a conference-best 89.5% penalty kill rate.They’re stellar on the defensive end and have allowed just 2.5 goals per game. But their offense is relatively average, which means Wisconsin can push the puck and fire away on goal without having to worry too much about a star on the other side.The Spartans’ leading scorer, senior Patrick Khodorenko, has six goals on the season to go along with seven assists. As a whole, the squad is averaging just 2.4 goals per game, and Wisconsin is undefeated this year when allowing two or less, meaning it should be a favorable matchup.Men’s Hockey: Inside Caufield’s early experiences as a BadgerThe immense hard work of Wisconsin Hockey’s recruitment has finally paid off. Freshman forward Cole Caufield is climbing the ladder Read…Leading the way for Wisconsin’s offensive attack are freshman sensations Cole Caufield and Alex Turcotte.Caufield, who scored his conference-leading tenth goal of the season last Sunday, has been on a tear all year. He sits atop the Badgers’ scoring leaderboard with 18 points.Despite a quiet string of outings from Turcotte — he hasn’t recorded a point since Nov. 16 — he still remains one of Wisconsin’s top options, and is tied for second in goals (6) and third in points (15).They’re paired up with the maestro of the team, Linus Weissbach, who has a team-high 13 assists on the year, to round out the front line.Men’s Hockey: Wisconsin splits first series with No. 3 Notre Dame in thrilling fashionThe No. 16 University of Wisconsin men’s hockey team (6-6, 1-3 Big Ten) split a home series this past weekend Read…On the defensive end, Wisconsin will hope K’Andre Miller and team captain Wyatt Kalynuk can hold off the Spartan attack as the offense goes to work.The duo isn’t too shabby around the net either, as Miller has scored five goals and Kalynuk three of his own. There’s only been two games in which one of them hasn’t recorded a point. Between Miller and Kalynuk, they’ve combined for 24 points on the year.Between the posts for the Badgers is Daniel Lebedeff, who has had an up-and-down campaign to this point. His 89.9% save rate is good but not great, and holding the Spartans under two goals would be huge for his confidence.Expect the Badgers to pressure the net and leak out for fast break opportunities. It may leave Lebedeff one-on-one a few times, but as long as he can buckle down and make a few big saves, Wisconsin should win the series.You can catch Friday’s game on BTN+ and on WIBA at 6 p.m. Saturday’s matchup will also be on BTN+ at 6 p.m. but broadcast on WTSO. You can also follow along live @BadgerMHockey on Twitter.last_img read more

Legal challenges loom in removing Donald Sterling from Clippers

first_img“This will be a process in getting Donald Sterling to agree toward selling the franchise,” said NBA TV analyst Stu Jackson, who previously served 13 years as the league’s executive vice president of basketball operations. “It’s going to be a battle of intellect, legal expertise and what they can finagle behind the scenes.”Attempts to reach Sterling and his lawyer, Robert Platt, have been unsuccessful. But shortly before the NBA’s ruling, Fox News contributor Jim Gray reported speaking with Sterling, who vowed he would not sell the team.The NBA’s constitutional bylaws require a three-fourths vote, and sources among the NBA, the Clippers and law experts believe that ruling will become unanimous. But the sense within the league suggests they are resigned toward Sterling dragging this case out through litigation. “There is no way that man walks away without a battle,” said Lakers legend Magic Johnson in an appearance Monday at Cal State Long Beach where he downplayed talk he would partner up with an ownership group to buy the Clippers. Sterling rarely shied away from the courtroom amid his 33 years overseeing the Clippers’ franchise. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error His words sounded forceful. NBA Commissioner Adam Silver classified Donald Sterling’s racially disparaging remarks on an audio tape “as deeply offensive and hurtful.”His punishment seemed harsh yet fair. Silver issued Sterling a life-time ban, a $2.5 million fine and urged the league’s Board of Governors made up of NBA owners to force him to sell the Clippers franchise. His actions seemed quick. Silver plans to appoint a new chief executive officer to oversee the Clippers, and the NBA announced Tuesday that president Andy Roeser will take an indefinite leave of absence. The NBA will likely hold a vote this week that rules Sterling must sell the team. But with the NBA acting as swiftly and as powerfully as a Chris Paul lob to Blake Griffin, it appears that momentum could get stalled in court and could drag out for years. center_img He successfully fought off an employee who sued him in 2003 on sexual harassment. In 2009, the court dismissed a case former Clippers general manager Elgin Baylor filed against Sterling that charged both employment and racial discrimination. That same year, Sterling paid $2.7 million to settle a lawsuit that accused him of practicing housing discrimination in various L.A.-based real estate properties to blacks, Hispanics and families with children. In 2011, former Clippers coach and general manager Mike Dunleavy was awarded $13.5 million through arbitration after the Clippers initially stopped paying him the remainder of his contract after he was fired in March 2010. In this case, law experts believe Sterling will seek an injunction and then file suit, raising both breach of contract and antitrust claims. Yet, under Article 13 of the NBA constitution, an owner can be terminated with a three-fourths vote from the Board of Governors if the franchise fails “to fulfill its contractual obligations to the Association, its Members, Players, or any other third party in such a way as to affect the Association or its Members adversely.” In Article 24 of the NBA constitution, the commissioner’s duties are listed as “protecting the integrity of the game of professional basketball and preserving public confidence in the League.”“The league is on pretty solid footing,” USC law and business professor Michael Chasalow said. “They have contractual rights to terminate Sterling. The only limit with that is whether the league did not act in good faith in enforcing its rights. That’s impossible to prove given he started the whole thing with his outrageous comments.”Sterling criticized a female friend named V. Stiviano for posting pictures of herself and Johnson on Instagram and for bringing black friends to Clippers games. Yet, Sterling could invoke privacy laws after an audio recording of that conversation leaked to both TMZ and Deadspin.“He might try to become a crusader and martyr for privacy rights,” USC law professor Jody Armour said of Sterling. “With the current day concerns about the NSA intrusions into ordinary citizens’ privacy, there are a lot of folks who believe privacy rights are valuable. They may believe people deserve some protection.”Silver dismissed such concerns about that topic, saying, “Whether or not these remarks were shared in private, they are now public and they represent his views.”But will such issues slow down the Clippers transition process?Unanswered questions persist, including the nature of Sterling’s trust that includes his wife, Shelly, and whether she will stay on as the team’s co-owner. The NBA players union has said the league cannot allow that to happen. “I am concerned that if this process continues on, it may be at the sacrifice of one the 30 NBA clubs,” Jackson said. “What’s going to happen with that franchise during the time that this battle rages on?”Jackson then cited the Clippers losing a flurry of sponsors and uncertainty whether coach Doc Rivers and star players, such as Paul and Griffin would want to stay if a lengthy legal fight ensues. Even amid this uncertainty, however, law and sports economics experts find some hope Sterling will concede defeat. Coupled with the Clippers’ playoff resurgence, a potentially new cable deal and an expected bidding war among competing ownership groups, experts predicted the Clippers could sell as high as $1.6 billion. That number marks a stark increase from the $575 million Forbes currently tabs as the franchise’s worth. “If he wants to, he could tie it up for a very long time,” said Notre Dame sports economics professor Richard Sheehan. “But I bet that he wouldn’t. The cost of him doing so would be very extreme.”Staff writer Chris Trevino contributed to this report.last_img read more

DRIVER OF CAR INVOLVED IN HORRIFIC SMASH TO APPEAR IN COURT TODAY

first_imgThe 23 year old Donegal man who was driving the car in which seven young men died will appear in court again today.Shaun Kelly of Hill Road, Buncrana, was previously charged in connection with the deaths of eight people in a road crash in Inishowen last year.Mr Kelly, the sole survivor of the crash, was charged with dangerous driving causing the deaths of eight men. He was arrested a month ago and conveyed to Buncrana courthouse by Garda Carol Doherty.Those who were died were Eamon McDaid, 21, of Ballymagan, Buncrana, PJ McLaughlin, 21, of Burnfoot, Ciaran Sweeney, 19, of Ballyliffin, James McEleney, 23, of Clonmany, Mark McLaughlin, 21, of Fahan, Paul Doherty, 19 of Ballyliffin, Damien McLaughlin, 21, of Buncrana and Hughie Friel, 66, of Urris.The crash was the worst road tragedy on our roads ever.It happened on July 11 last year and devastated several Inishowen communities.It is expected today’s case will merely be mentioned before another court date is set.DRIVER OF CAR INVOLVED IN HORRIFIC SMASH TO APPEAR IN COURT TODAY was last modified: December 7th, 2011 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Buncrana District CourtInishowen crashShaun Kellylast_img read more

Donegal waste operator Ferry should be arrested and jailed, says court

first_imgDonegal businessman Jim Ferry should be arrested and jailed for contempt of court orders, a judge has ruled.Once detained and brought to prison, the only way Ferry could be freed is by showing the court that he is complying with an order it made last April, the High Court was told. The Irish Times report that the order directed Ferry, described as a serial dumper, to clean up an 11-acre illegal dump he was operating in at Rossbracken near Letterkenny.The site is in a special area of conservation and is on the Wild Atlantic Way near Lough Swilly.It was found last year to contain between 28,000 and 36,000 tons of illegally dumped household waste that had been buried and several thousand tons more hidden in sheds and strewn around the site. The waste was leaching toxic leachate into a stream flowing into the lough.In what is believed to be the first case of its kind, Donegal County Council pursued Ferry to the extent of asking for his imprisonment because of his record of persistent illegal dumping, for which he has District Court convictions, and for failing to comply with the April High Court order.“While I hear civil cases, I have never had occasion to send an individual to prison,” Mr Justice Max Barrett said as he considered the case. “I am afraid that I am faced with the circumstance where there is a constant, deliberate and willful refusal to comply with the court order.”He said he had thought about jailing Ferry for a specific length of time but, because of the evidence, he resolved to issue a committal order “whereby Mr Ferry will be lodged in prison until he purged his contempt”.Ferry, who runs two waste companies in Donegal – Ferry’s Refuse Collection Limited and Ferry’s Refuse Recycling Limited – was present for the case and was accompanied by two male supporters.Representing himself, he denied refusing to comply with the order, claiming he could not comply because he could not find a legal way of removing and disposing of the Rossbracken waste.It was claimed in court that Ferry has made millions through illegal dumping but he claims to be financially broke.Donegal waste operator Ferry should be arrested and jailed, says court was last modified: August 23rd, 2017 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:courtdonegaldumperjailjim ferrylast_img read more