China to shutter 8.7GW of coal capacity by year’s end

first_imgChina to shutter 8.7GW of coal capacity by year’s end FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Reuters:China will aim to shut a total of 8.66 gigawatts (GW) of obsolete coal-fired power capacity by the end of this year, its energy regulator said, part of its efforts to curb smog and greenhouse gas emissions. The National Energy Administration didn’t say how much of the target, equal to just under 1 percent of total capacity, had already been met.All provinces and regions have been ordered to shut coal-fired power units with a capacity of less than 50,000 kilowatts (kW), the regulator said on its website on Sunday.Larger units of up to 100,000 kW in regions covered by large-scale power grids will also be eliminated, along with those that have reached the end of their designed service period, it said.Central China’s Henan province, one of the country’s most polluted regions, is under pressure to shut 1.6 GW this year, while southeastern Guangdong province near Hong Kong will shut 2.3 GW.China has promised to ease its dependence on coal, and it has also forced most of its coal-fired power plants to install ultra-low emissions technology in a bid to curb smog.But while China has cut the share of coal in its total energy mix from 68% in 2012 to 59% last year, overall consumption has continued to increase, and environmental groups estimate that it still has more than 200 GW of new coal-fired capacity in the pipeline.More: China aims to shut 8.7 GW of coal power by year-end – regulatorlast_img read more

No. 8 Syracuse puts the clamps on Hobart, 11-4

first_img Published on April 3, 2018 at 9:06 pm Contact Josh: [email protected] | @Schafer_44 Facebook Twitter Google+ Syracuse was in a familiar position. Hobart had scored three straight goals and was set to start the fourth quarter with a man advantage.But, as it did against Notre Dame on Saturday, the Orange defense held tight. A Ryan Archer miss on a behind-the-back shot was the lone scoring chance on the man-up opportunity for Hobart.The possession eventually ended with a Dom Madonna save and for the second time in as many games, Syracuse held its opponent scoreless on the man-up. After allowing four-goal runs in every game since Binghamton, Tuesday marks the second straight game the Orange cut its opponents run at three goals.“I thought that we kept it tight.” Syracuse head coach John Desko said. “I thought that the guys knew who the most dangerous outside shooters were. They got one or two off where Dom made the save but good to be stingy (on the man-down), always.”In all, No. 8 Syracuse (6-3, 3-0 ACC) caused 10 turnovers in its 11-4 defeat of Hobart (4-6, 1-1 Northeast) on Tuesday in the Carrier Dome. The Orange has now won the battle for the Kraus-Simmons trophy 30 of 33 times and has claimed the trophy for five years straight. Syracuse held the top-30 Hobart offense to four goals, seven fewer than its season average of 11. Hobart’s four goals ties the season low for an SU opponent this season.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text“I think we knew our matchups pretty well,” redshirt sophomore defender Nick Mellen said. “We knew they were an attack-oriented offensive team, so we kind of prepared for that. We knew what hands they were so we kind of favored that side a little bit. Made them a little bit more uncomfortable than they’d like to be.”After allowing a goal on Hobart’s first possession of the game, Syracuse’s defense settled in. The Orange didn’t allow Hobart’s offense any room to maneuver throughout the rest of the half, leading to eight first-half turnovers for the Statesmen.Active SU sticks led to several Hobart turnovers. During the first quarter, with the game still tied and Hobart’s offense not yet discouraged, attack Chris Aslanian swung the ball from the X out to the wing. But the ball didn’t find a fellow Statesmen’s stick. Instead, Mellen batted the pass down and scooped the loose ball to start an SU break. Less than a minute later, Syracuse scored, giving the Orange a lead it would never relinquish.On the ensuing possession following the goal, Aslanian, Hobart’s leading point scorer, again had the ball. This time he beat long-stick midfielder Austin Fusco and headed toward the cage. But Fusco collapsed back on Aslanian, wrapping his stick around Aslanian and dislodging the ball before a shot was released.Syracuse held Hobart’s attack line, which includes its top-three scorers, to one assist. The three attack combined for 14 of Hobart’s 34 shots. Under heavy defensive pressure, the shots were often contended, causing them to sail wide or leading to an easy save for Madonna, who had nine stops.“At the beginning of the game our coach told us to really press out,” Mellen said. “Make them uncomfortable, make them make a bad decision and I think we all did that pretty well.”Some Hobart turnovers came from good coverage. In the first quarter, one occurred following tight faceguarding from Dami Oladunmoye. The freshman midfielder charged out on his opposition when the Hobart midfielder looked to pass, leading to an errant feed out of bounds. Oladunmoye caused another pass to no one in the second quarter as he blocked off his midfielder, denying the pass.One of the few areas Hobart edged Syracuse, the faceoff X, didn’t help the Statesmen either. At the start of the second quarter, Hobart’s sixth-ranked faceoff man Matthew Pedicine cleanly won the draw and attacked SU defense from the right sideline. As he entered in the restraining box, Mellen knocked Pedicine’s stick out of his hands, and promptly scooped the ball, initiating an SU break the other way.It was a microcosm of the game for SU’s defense. SU took away whatever the Statesmen did well.Entering the game, Hobart ranked 29th in the country in man-up scoring. After going 0-for-5 last year against SU, the specialty units were a specific emphasis for each day of practice leading up to the game, Hobart head coach Greg Raymond said.Still, Syracuse shut the Statesmen down. The Hobart run ended after its final man-up opportunity flopped. The four-goal scoring spree, which the Orange has suffered from repeatedly this season, never came.And, for the first time this season, Syracuse dominated defensively for two consecutive games. Commentslast_img read more

SafeCharge restructures senior management team

first_img SuperBet partners with SafeCharge February 29, 2016 Submit StumbleUpon Rank smooths verification with SafeCharge’s ‘ID Manager’ November 20, 2019 Related Articles Share David Avgi, SafeCharge CEOUpdating the market, London-listed digital payments provider SafeCharge has announced that it has undertaken a number of changes to its senior executive team.The company has confirmed that Tsach Einav will retake his former position as Group Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Einav who until recently served as General Manager for SafeCharge Israel operations, will further join the company’s board this September.Updating corporate stakeholders, David Avgi, CEO of SafeCharge, commented on the update: “I am delighted that Tsach has been appointed as group chief financial officer; he is an ideal appointment as he comes to the role with an in-depth understanding of the enlarged SafeCharge business and its management.“In what is set to be a transformational year for SafeCharge, Tsach’s breadth of experience and strong financial expertise will be invaluable to us, particularly in relation to financial oversight and corporate governance.”Avgi would further detail the executive appointments of Delphine Bos as Vice-President marketing and Jean Beaubois as Head of Investor Relations.Bos will takeover marketing leadership initative joining from global payment firm EMS Card. A seasoned analyst Beaubois joins the payment technology firm having served as Senior Technology lead for Berenberg Bank.“I would like to welcome Jean and Delphine to SafeCharge’s management team; they bring a wealth of experience and knowledge that will be invaluable to the company,” Avgi commented on the appointments of Bos and Beaubois“SafeCharge is committed to actively communicating with the investment and analyst community, as well as with potential clients, and I look forward to working closely with Jean and Delphine to enhance this.” Share Sportito widens payment provisions with SafeCharge April 12, 2017last_img read more

ATHLETICS: ROSSES AC NOTES

first_imgRosses ACThe annual club AGM took place on Wednesday 28th November in the hall in Mullaghduff. There was a large attendance with many topics discussed and plans put in place for the coming year. The following committee was elected: Chairperson: Ita Gallagher, Vice Chairperson: Mark Nicholas, Secretary: Timmi Donald, Assistant Secretary: Anna Donald, Joint Treasurers: Greta Boyle, Elise Gillespie, P.R.O: Michael Logue, Club Captain: Aidan Gillespie, Ladies Captain/Fit4Life Coordinator: Elise Gillespie. The Viking House has been provisionally booked for Friday 14th December for the clubs social and awards night. This night is open to all adults involved in the club – parents, athletes, coaches, etc. including partners and friends. We need provisional numbers immediately so please text Ita or let a committee member know if you think you might be coming along and how many with you. For the diaries, the Naomh Mhuire club are organising a 5k from the clubhouse at the Banks on Boxing day which is a family event for walkers, joggers and runners which will be followed by a club 5k Spring series of three races in the new year with dates to be confirmed.ATHLETICS: ROSSES AC NOTES was last modified: December 4th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Rosses AC noteslast_img read more